One of the biggest challenges that face organizations
today is data protection on internet systems.
This mission needs to be at the top priority of every organization
in light of the multitude of attacks against these systems.
Hackers spend most of their time and knowledge to attack internet systems, such as electronic commerce (e-commerce) systems, forums, portals, management interfaces, and user identification mechanisms. Internet systems are available 24/7 and contain very valuable information, since they usually have direct access to databases that contain sensitive information, such as customer databases, credit card databases, and business data. The GamaSec Company specializes in developing automatic testing technologies in the field of data protection on internet-based systems, and for this purpose, it developed GamaScan.
The GamaScan service is an online protection service that identifies security hazards on internet servers and internet applications. The online scan tests the system against thousands of security hazards, dynamic tests that are adapted to the system being tested, as well as application-level tests, such as SQL-Injection, CRLF-Injection, Cross-Site-Scripting, and others. The service identifies security hazards, rates them according to the level of risk, and offers solutions against these hazards in a detailed report.
The scan is executed from the servers of the GamaSec Company, which are located externally to the systems of the organization being tested. The combination of the location of the company’s servers and the scanning technology make it possible for GamaScan to simulate a hacking attack and so to provide the organization with the opportunity to see how its internet system looks from the point of views of the hacker, thus minimizing the dangers inherent in implementing internet-based systems. At the end of the scanning process, the client is sent, via e-mail, a detailed report that contains clear and user-friendly data, which provides information regarding the security hazards that were identified, as well as recommendations for their removal.
The advantages of GamaScan:
- Cost-benefit: GamaScan provides a very cost-effective online solution for the identification of security hazards, and thus enables an organization of any size to test and upgrade its systems’ level of security.
- Attacker’s point of view: a scan over the internet makes it possible to simulate a hacker’s attack.
- Comprehensive: provides a comprehensive scan of the internet system that includes thousands of security tests, dynamic scans that are adapted to the system being tested, and application-level tests.
- Technical: easy to implement and does not require software installation, investments in hardware, or any technical training.
- Time: the service is quick and makes it possible for any organization to evaluate its systems’ level of security quickly, efficiently, and easily.
- Product: provides a clear and detailed report that makes it possible to implement solutions to the security hazards that were identified.
- Efficient and effective: serves as a professional and efficient tool due to the simplicity of its operation and high level of technical quality.
- Safe: executes tests that do not harm the serviceability of the system being tested.